If you want to build an online business where you can sell products directly to consumers, the only thing stopping you is an email address and a password. With just those two pieces of information, you can easily create your own ecommerce site with Shopify. You don’t need to worry about what an SSL certificate is, you don’t need to know about HTML or PHP . And you don’t need to worry about software updates and others technical needs .
Shopify was helping entrepreneurs to build sites that can take their businesses to the next level.by reading this article you will take an overview to be ready to launch your own store.So let’s get started.
Why use Shopify?
Shopify is one of the most well-known and powerful e-commerce solutions on the web. Shopify is ideal if you don’t want to worry about technology, and instead, you want to focus on the products that you’re selling and how you’re selling them.
You can imagine Shopify like an apartment. Whenever the water main breaks or the roof needs a repair, you can call someone, and by the time you get home from work, someone has already come in and fixed the problem, and they left you a note saying that it’s taken care of.
This can be a pretty amazing experience for a store owner, especially if you contrast this with other e-commerce platforms.
They’re more like owning a house. If something breaks, you have to fix it yourself or pay a contractor to fix it.
Shopify has a huge theme marketplace so you can pick exactly the theme that works for you. They have tons of free themes and some premium themes as well. You can filter by different industries as well as sort by popularity, price, and most recent. Any store owner can get one of these themes and install it on their site without worrying about breaking something.
Shopify also has an app marketplace where they have thousands of apps. These apps allow you to do simple things on your own, like edit image alt tags, which is good for SEO, or very complex things, like managing an entire customer rewards program.
Shopify has some great features
- Shopify focuses on making their interface as easy to use as possible. They don’t overwhelm you with options.
- Shopify lets you use your own domain.
- Shopify lets you create pages, create blog posts, and of course, products, as well as categories and tags.
- They help you determine shipping costs, including giving you the option to integrate with shipping providers like USPS, UPS, and FedEx.
- They help you with payments. There’s the default Shopify Payments gateway, which is great for someone just getting started, or you can connect to other gateways if you know what you’re doing and you have a strong preference.
- Once you start getting orders, you’ll see how easy it is to manage and fulfill those orders.
In short, Shopify has everything you need to create your own online store, and they do a lot of the technical maintenance for you.